By Ludwik Sternbach
Read or Download A descriptive catalogue of poets quoted in Sanskrit anthologies and inscriptions: Volume 1. Aṃśudhara-Dhoyī PDF
Similar anthologies books
Catharine Williams (1787-1872) lived such a lot of her existence in Rhode Island, the place she supported herself and her daughter via a effective literary occupation. Her such a lot compelling paintings, Fall River, final released in 1833, recreates a infamous incident within the ill-fated city of Fall River, Massachusetts: the trial of a Methodist minister for the homicide of a pregnant mill employee whom it was once suspected he had seduced.
Untitled or "Paula" (1941)
The untitled manuscript on the Ransom heart is much less a narrative than a sequence of scenes now not but sewn jointly. even if this can be a few type of Salinger's misplaced tale "Paula" is natural hypothesis. in spite of the fact that, in a letter dated October 31 (1941), Salinger states that he's "finishing a horror tale (my first and final) known as 'Mrs. Hincher. ' " unquestionably a connection with the tale defined right here, Salinger's letter dates its crowning glory to overdue 1941 or early 1942.
"The Ocean choked with Bowling Balls" is essentially considered as the best of Salinger's unpublished works. without needing had the chance to revue all the author's unpublished fabrics, it truly is tough to visualize a extra vital paintings between them
"Birthday Boy" (1946? )
The brief tale "Birthday Boy" is followed via a letter from Salinger to John Woodburn which refers to "both units of proofs". even though undated, the letter most likely dates to 1951, the yr that Woodburn released The Catcher within the Rye. besides the fact that, it is also most probably that the letter doesn't reference Catcher, yet a quick tale despatched to placate the editor in its place. Salinger's dating with Woodburn was once short and just a little strange.
In the course of his tenure as US Poet Laureate, Robert Hass revived the preferred nineteenth-century culture of together with poetry in our day-by-day newspapers. Poet's selection” finally turned a nationally syndicated column showing in dozens of papers around the state. per week, Hass might marry poets and poetry to headlines and vacation trips.
- A Gift of Joy
- Ezra Pound and America
- Nineteenth-Century Stories by Women: An Anthology
- The Novels: Not Without Laughter and Tambourines to Glory (Collected Works of Langston Hughes, Vol 4)
- Tischreden - Vom Einfachen und Erhabenen
Additional resources for A descriptive catalogue of poets quoted in Sanskrit anthologies and inscriptions: Volume 1. Aṃśudhara-Dhoyī
Thomas's suggestion (Kav. p. 51) that Kav. 507 could be another verse of Pararnesvara (No. , be discarded; the final 0 svara belonged to Yoge-svara and not to Parame-svara. 2. W. Thomas (Kav. p. 66) that Madhavasila (No. , Skm. and Prasanna. while Madhavasila is identical with Madhavasiva (No. 1124) and is quoted in JS. only98. 4. In A. Scharpe's Kaliddsa-Lexicon, 26 Kalidasa's incerta should be corrected and several other Kalidada's incerta from lesser known anthologies should be added; they are quoted in Nr.
1. Asvinikumarau (No. 66) are two Vedic deities, twin sons of the sun or the sky, known inter alia for their curative power and as physicians of svarga; Asvinikumarasamhita is, therefore, a medical work. Asvinau are those whom king Bhoja addressed when sick and they replied in verse which was attributed to both of them. 2. In the case of Rarnila-Somila (No. 1259), two authors Ramilafka) and Somila (or Saumila) were meant. They were quoted together, for they were supposed 79 In cases of multiple attributions it can be often assumed on the basis of the frequency of attributions to different authors, by whom the verse was really composed.
582) (out of 45 verses 41 were identified in the Nalacampu); Daudin (No. 590) (out of 28 verses 20 were identified in the Kavyadarsa and 2 in the Dasakumaracaritaf"; Damodaragupta (No. 611) (out of 22 verses 18 were identified in the Kuttanimata); Devabodhi (No. 644) (out of 3 verses 2 were identified in the Satyavrata Rukmari- galana[aka); Narayanabhatta I(No. 748) (out of 35 verses 23 were identified in the Venisarnhara): Bilhana I (No. 914) (out of 150 verses 67 were identified in the Vikramankadevacarita; 7 in the Bilhanakavya [=Caur] and 1 in the Karnasundannatika); Bhattasvamin (No.